- This beautiful Sgian Dubh or traditional Scottish black handled knife is available mounted with your Clan crest in lead-free pewter or fine sterling silver.
- This brand new Sgian Dubh is 7-1/2? long by 1-3/8? wide with a stainless steel blade and nickel silver plated fittings. The top has an imitation topaz, sapphire blue or emerald green synthetic stone.
- The Clan crest is surrounded by a detailed belt and buckle design upon which is inscribed your clan motto in raised relief lettering. In ancient times, the chief of the Clan presented to his clansmen his crest for them to wear as a symbol of their loyalty and Clan affiliation. Each piece is exquisitely handcrafted in high detail in sterling silver. The Clan Crest is 11/16″ (19.5mm) in diameter.
- Please note this item is made to order. Every Clan is available. To complete your special order add your Clan name in the comment area when ordering.
- The origin of ‘Sgian Dubh’
- The distant origins of the name Sgian Dubh (Gaelic for Black Knife) are thought to have emerged from this knife’s dark appearance – the early handles were often made from dark bog wood and the blade would become dark through use and age.
- A second theory is that it originated from the dark or sinister nature of an easily concealed weapon – which is why it has become traditional to keep the Sgian Dubh in open view in the top of the stocking whilst wearing Highland attire, usually the Kilt, to show that its wearer is amongst friends and has no ill intent.
- The Sgian Dubh was not, is not and should not be considered a weapon!
Blue Stone, Green Stone, Yellow Stone
- Tracking number will be sent automatically to your email or Messenger
- Shipping time depends on the destination country and product type.
Important Note: In countries with customs restrictions due to Covid-19 the shipping time may delay 3-7 days.
Contact [email protected] or messenger
$63.22 – $67.06
$49.03 – $51.14